Dentures are removable plastic teeth that can replace a few (partial) or all teeth (full) within the jaw. They are designed to conform to your mouth for a comfortable, functional and aesthetic fit, and appear as realistic as possible. Plympton Dental can provide both metallic and plastic/acrylic framed dentures for you to choose from.
Dentures are a cost effective way of replacing multiple teeth, but there are advantages and disadvantages for your consideration.
- Cost effective
- Can replace many teeth at once if necessary
- Durable and removable for cleaning purposes
- Can be aesthetically pleasing (especially full dentures)
- Not a fixed prosthesis, so retention can be an issue
- Food trapping around the dentures – will need regular cleaning to prevent food remaining trapped
- Can have hooks/clasps which can be visually unappealing
- Require healthy surrounding teeth and tissue as support
Plympton Dental Clinic can also offer fast denture repairs, additions, re-lines, re-models, and adjustments. Please consult our dental professionals for more information on what options would suit you.
Full Dentures Example